Friday, July 16, 2010

Send me a message....via...Chalkboard!

I have been busy this summer creating framed chalkboards. I love using them to jot down messages / reminders for myself. They are great for making a quick list or when I am feeling particularly cheeky, I can leave a sweet message for my husband, Doug.
In this age of cell phones, email, twitter, facebook etc. I love the written word. I love the swirl of script and the intimacy of this form of communication don't you?



"To me, the greatest pleasure of writing is not what it's about, but the inner music the words make".
~Truman Capote, McCall's, November 1967


In May, I started listing the framed chalkboards in my etsy store, Beautanicals.
Little did I know that framed chalkboards are the hottest trend for brides! Brides are using the framed chalkboards in their photo booths. They have their guests write down a brief message to have with them when they are having their picture taken.
How cool is that! Almost makes me want to get married again...lol.


I have also heard of people using them at their beach houses or in college dorms.

I think this blue framed chalkboard would be great in a beach home!


"Writing is a way of talking without being interrupted".


~Jules Renard, Journal, 10 April 1895



I am pretty excited about all the possibilities and I love hearing from my buyers how they are using their chalkboard! I look forward to seeing some of the photos they share with me!


I am currently covered in paint. In fact, I am about to start looking on-line to determine how to remove muslin white acrylic paint from my hair...nice one Helene!
If you want to see more of these chalkboards, I would love it if you checked out my etsy store at http://www.etsy.com/shop/Beautanicals

1 comment: